Saturday, September 26, 2009

You know what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Buenos Aires?

VINCENT: You know what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?

JULES: They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with Cheese?

VINCENT: No, they got the metric system there, they wouldn't know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is.

JULES: What'd they call it?

VINCENT: Royale with Cheese.

JULES: Roy-ale with Cheese. What'd they call a Big Mac?

VINCENT: Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.

JULES: Le Big Mac. What do they call a Whopper?

VINCENT: I dunno, I didn't go into a Burger King.

------

I didn’t go into a Burger King either, because with all the good Argentine steak I'd been eating I didn't feel the need to subject myself to what they were advertising...

But curiosity did get the better of me, so I walked into a McDonald's to check out the menu – a Quarter Pounder with Cheese is called a “Cuarto de Libra con Queso.”

No comments: